Monday, March 12, 2018

"To belittle is to be little" - Grace Baptist Church Sign


Howdy y'all! Doesn't Grace Baptist have the best signs?

Preparing dinner...
Monday we went to Hot Springs for the last time.  We were told to stay in our areas for P-Day with our companions besides the once a transfer district and Zone P-Days.

Tuesday we went to the CADC and walked around the town a lot.  No one was home, but we got in contact with the Hearns again!  They were super sick though.  We also got a hold of an inactive member, Sonja Kelly, and we started teaching her husband, Jerry!  We just answered a few of his questions and he loves us!  It was a wonderful visit!  We walked home (we didn't see Shiloh...we were in the same trailer park) and had dinner.  Brother Rubly then came over and we gave him a ride to see Sister Myrick.  We helped her put in some light bulbs and left a message and went home.

Wednesday we got to see Fran again!  We got everything sorted out to where we will teach her, but when she is baptized, she will attend the Hot Springs ward and be fellowshipped here by members and missionaries.  Anyways, we taught her the plan of salvation and she loved it!  Sister Crow was amazing with her testimony and words as well!  Fran is fasting to quit coffee and is progressing beautifully!  We visited sister Jacobs.  Since Brother Jacobs passed away last week, she's been having it rough, but she was happy with us there.  She again told us she didn't want us to leave.  We left a thought on the spirit world and offered any assistance.  We saw Sister Hill again and read with her.  Sister Crow bought us some good pizza afterwards.  We went to young men's and had a game night.  Might I say I'm a pro at charades.

These are not the droids we're looking for.
Thursday was Zone Conference. 

Friday we went out with Sister Crow again.  We went to Brother Jacobs funeral and had another wonderful lesson with Fran.  We taught the Restoration with a more interactive twist.  I did this a ton in Memphis and haven't really done it since (Shout out to Elder York). I drew a church on a piece of paper and told her to blow on it.  It of course blew away.  So I put a bible in top of it and told her to blow it again.  Didn't go no where.  So I explained that's a church without the priesthood and prophets and apostles.  Without those, it cannot be the true church.  As said in Ephesians 2:19-20 and 4:11-14.  To backup those, we go with Amos 3:7 and Hebrews 13:8 to show Gods pattern of prophets.  Anyways, we all grabbed the paper and ripped it.  After Christ and his apostles were killed or exiled, the church crumbled due to doctrines of man and loss of priesthood.  So now there's a bunch of churches with different doctrines.  We then explained the restoration and calling of Jospeh Smith and it was powerful!  She wanted to keep the paper with the church on it! Haha.  After Sister Crow again bore testimony, she brought the spirit in so much and Fran was in tears.  She asked us for a blessing for some medical issues going on.  I don't think I've given a more spirit led blessing than that.  She told us that she felt immediate relief and was so grateful.  After seeing her, we saw Sister O'Neal.  Let me tell you, besides my grandmothers, I have never met a more funny woman!  She has stories upon stories upon stories that make you laugh til you cry!  Sister Crow took us home and we got ribs and enjoyed the night in peace.

What kind of hot dog prepares itself to be eaten???
Saturday we started to weekly plan but then we got called to help Brother Rubly move some mattresses.  So we went and then ate at a place called the OK cafe and let me tell ya does it live up to its name haha.  Pretty mediocre if you ask me.  We came home and showered cause the mattresses weren't exactly...clean or house friendly.  So we got all dolled up and went to Sonja and Jerry's again.  We taught the plan of salvation and holy cow this dude is AWESOME!  He wanted us to show him some of the doctrines in the Bible and I'm so glad I have good studies cause we were able to show him in his own bible those doctrines and he was so baffled and was so interactive!  I love this guy!  He agreed with our doctrine and is so happy to have us over!  When we got done, we got some gas and felt like we should see Sister Lenz.  We went over and she was home!  She's like never home due to work and her farm so it was a miracle!  She gave us a referral for her son and she told us that she thinks that's the reason we caught her at home!  And now for the fun part.  She was asking about the apocrypha and the illuminate and aliens and I was sitting there like, I can't wait to meet her son (he was asking her about all of this).  Haha.  But he just started becoming interested in religion so it's an open door hopefully!  We're gonna try to see him tomorrow!

On the Lord's errand.
Sunday we had a good church service and afterwards we went to the Robbins and had a great discussion on love and charity and service with both the Robbins parents!  It was amazing!  We got home and I got hit by a train of tired.  I've never been so exhausted.  I laid down for 5 minutes and accidentally fell asleep for an hour and a half.  That's the longest nap I've had on my mission.  Actually, besides me being sick in November of 2016, I have only napped like twice.  So the time is catching up to me haha.  But I was able to get up and study a bit (I read an Isaiah chapter in the Book of Mormon for 5 minutes and understood it perfectly after a tiring nap, so if I ever hear someone say they don't have time for scriptures I call bs). We then went to Sister Hawthorns for dinner and she made some good pork roast! 

It was a great week with so many miracles!  So far Fran is praying over a baptismal date!  Hopefully she will feel the sprit enough to want to do it soon!  I love y'all!

Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild

Ruff
Ruff, Ruff


Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuff
Ah...root beer, it washes the ribs down so well.





No comments:

Post a Comment