Monday, March 26, 2018

You just have to soldier on and serve, it's about overcoming trials.

These two...no words really...
Howdy y'all!

Been another week.  Better in some aspects, but still a tough week.  We're surviving though.

Tuesday was a good district meeting.  We exchanged and I went with Elder Asay. I went to Hot Springs and it was full of service.  We helped move some furniture for a members parents.  They aren't LDS, but they were very kind! The members I think were actually from Missouri!  Super nice people!  My wrist got tore up from a cabinet, but I'm alive.  Next we went to rake leaves for the David's.  Oh how I love the David's!  I didn't have it on Tuesday, but Sister David makes the best cheesecake hands down.  After raking, we went and visited Sister Gibbs.  That was great.  We helped exercise her dog so they would sleep and not bother Sister Gibbs at night.  It was great to see her again!  She looks so much happier and upbeat now that she's fully active!

I do what I want.
Wednesday we exchanged back and as I got out of the car, I recognized something about Elder Barney (who was with Elder Miller) but couldn't tell until I got closer.  The dude was wearing my Donald Trump tie!  And as we were about to leave, he gave me back one of my watches!  So of course, I had to give him the good ole pat down to ensure he didn't thief anything else from me.  Little ruffian.  We did service at the CADC again.  Sister Crow took us out and we saw Sister Hill and found out we might be able to start teaching her son.  He is 8, so it's not a convert baptism, but she is a convert and he hasn't ever been to church, so hopefully this will help get her active again! We then drove to see Sister Jacobs, who is very fond of Elder Miller.  After visiting with her, we went out to Sister O'Neal's.  Boy is she a hoot.  She told me she is going to take and burn all of my journals at include her cause I write down all of the funny stories she tell us.  To be fair, she writes about us too, so I call it even.  She wants us to come over for dinner on Wednesday and have Elder Miller talk only, cause he's "too quiet."  It's a shame though because we are exchanging on Wednesday so I will be with Elder Barney....oh well, more pizza for us.  While there, she was telling us of how much she loved having us over and told us (without knowing of past weeks) that we should know that if we don't baptize anyone or see success, that we can know thaws uplift her weekly and that we have a profound impact on "sweet old ladies like [her]."  So that was a refreshing thing to hear with recent events.  After we left her, we tried to see the Hearns, but they weren't home.  We had ourselves some dinner and called it quits for the night.

Ray Stevens comes to mind...
Thursday was tough.  We painted the Luttrell's bedroom for a good few hours and had lunch at their place.  After that we had to rush home and change to get to an appointment, at which, we found the Bible referral we had was a 17 or so year old girl alone with her 2 siblings (no older than 7).  So needless to say, we gave them he Bible and we were quick to leave.  Sadly, though, we failed to ask when her dad was home to see if we could teach them all.  We'll probably go back next week to see how they like the Bible or something.  After that, we left to the flea market to look for people to teach and a new journal because I have filled my 2 and need a new one.  No one talked with us and we left empty handed with no journal or investigators.  We met a guy on our home teaching list at McDonald's and talked with him for a good hour or so outside on the chairs. We got to know the guy more and he got to know us and he has some service for us to do at his place soon.  It would have been a great visit, which is was, but there were some high school kids that were swearing up a storm and being super annoying right next to us.  Frankly, I was more annoyed at the fact they were spending their spring break at a McDonald's in Glenwood.  But we had a good visit and went home.

Dogs love Elder Adair.
Friday we weekly planned for FOREVER.  But we planned out some great things for next week and we hope to have a lot more success.  We went over what we need to do to find and teach because our teaching pool is non existent right now.  So lots of walking next week.  To rest our brains, we headed to Hot Springs for volleyball.  We invited so many people, but no one from Glenwood came.  So we played with the Nasili family and the Stevens and a few others.  It was great to see my seconds family again.  Oh how I missed them.

Saturday we went out to contact a bunch of formers and potential to no avail.  No was was home.  Literally not one on a Saturday.  We decided to do some finding in a trailer park we found.  Well, literally every single trailer, and I mean literally every one, was a Latino family who couldn't speak a lick of English.  I tried in my broken Spanglish to make something work, but nothing did.  We went walking after going to the church for a bit and talked to a few people, but no one was interested.  One of our potentials walked to the window, looked out and made eye contact, and walked away.  So yeah, if I could sum up the day in one sentence, it would be that.  Anyways, we ate dinner and called it a day.

And then there was this...
Sunday we had a good day at church.  Fran was baptized and confirmed.  We couldn't go due to time of baptism, but it happened.  We taught 3rd hour to the young men, and by that I mean the nonmember boyfriend of our branch presidents daughter.  He's a cool kid.  Has a Book of Mormon and agrees with just about everything we taught, which was the Atonement.  It was pretty great.  We're hoping to see him again and ask if he wants to be taught.  We went to the Robbins, came home, studied and took a walk cause we were kinda moping in self pity, but all is well.  It started to thunderstorm.  So we went back home and ate dinner.

So, in response to this past week and the trials that we had, I have just one scripture to share.

Philippians 3:13-14
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Apparently this is a gift to themselves?
Yeah the week sucked, but no sense dwelling in it.  I mean, Luke 17:32, remember Lot's wife, she looked back and became a pillar of salt.  No thanks.  All is well here.  Success in the pending future awaits me.

Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild




I knew this because Jeff Foxworthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment