Monday, September 5, 2016

Walking in Memphis...

Hey guys!! Guess what? I got Memphis as my first area! But, it's not

like how I imagined haha.  I'm in the super ghetto part!  Some guy got
jumped outside of out apartment while we were planning a couple nights
ago so that was awesome.  I sent a pic of my bed haha it's just a hoc
and spring with no frame.  I feel like I'm in college haha.  Oh and I
sent the worlds largest bass pro shop.  We have to clear up he area
book before we do much.  We spent 3ish hours putting addresses of 361
potential investigators into the maps to make it easier to teach.
(Find one to teach and go around to the nearby potentials after to
fill schedule).  The church here is small.  No priests, 6 young men
(idk ages) passed the sacrament.  The temple is absolutely tiny.  It's
right by the stake center and the stake center is bigger than the
temple.  Lit.  We went through the fridge on Saturday and found 2
things that were completely molded over (looks like chorderoid  pants)
we don't know what was in the tub but the other was moldy
cheesecake...yum.   The mornings are so cold we wear robes and
blankets while we study haha.  Edwards looks so weird in the robe.  I
love my companions!  Edwards and Moosman (pronounced Mose man).  We
record role plays and they called me Areocrombie  cause of how I do my
hair and sit hahaha (idk why they say that but oh well haha).  We
screenshotted when I messed up and we laughed at it for a bit haha.
All is great here and we have a few lessons planned for this week.
It's a lot of work but it keeps us busy.  Sister Guthrie is on the
Arkansas side and I'm on Memphis so I won't see her for a minute haha.
I'm here for at least 6 weeks I think to finish my 6 week training but
I kinda wanna go back to Arkansas or somewhere where I don't get
threatened to be shot, but Memphis is nice.  We went through the lost
and found at the church on Saturday as we planned and found this huge
scroll hahaha it was for young women's but we took it and are gonna
use it for Wakolo hahaha we hung it up in out room and we're gonna
make a copy for our district meetings.  The mission is fun!!  I love
it so far!  I'm a little homesick but I'll live!  The Spirit is so
strong here!  Edwards keeps it cause he is so into studying and having
the Holy Ghost with us, I look up to him!  He calls me his son and
he's my dad haha.  Moosman is like the older brother but he's kinda
quiet.  He goes home in 5 weeks so he's kinda just waiting for that
time to fly I think but he's still a great guy and missionary.  Also
send me my number 1 shirt, the one that's all the way ripped, I'm
gonna make it my title of liberty and hang it on my wall.  And send me
some tights, preferably my black and camo.
I love you guys!!

Here's my address for at least 6 weeks
4360 Winchester Rd Apartment 1, Memphis, TN 38118


Elder Edwards disposing of two week old...
okay, no one knows how old or what it was!


Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the plane
Touched down in the land of the Delta Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain
W.C. Handy, won't you look down over me
Yeah I got a first class ticket
But I'm as blue as a boy can be


Then I'm walking in Memphis
Walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis
But do I really feel the way I feel


They've got catfish on the table


They've got gospel in the air
And Reverend Green be glad to see you
When you haven't got a prayer
But boy you've got a prayer in Memphis


But do you really feel the way I feel?


"Tell me are you a Christian child?"
And I said "Ma'am I am tonight"

No comments:

Post a Comment