Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Yeah, yeah, yeah...it's way late (April 2 email), but we were on vacay!


Howdy y'all!

It was a pretty good week this week!

They call him Gator.
Monday we went to an alligator farm and played with gators and fed baby goats.  And no mom, I did not steal one...yet.

Tuesday we had district meeting and I went on an exchange with Elder Barney.  We saw Jerry and had a pretty scattered lesson, but we got down to the point and explained church and sacrament and invited him to read the Book of Mormon every day and pray about it and Jospeh smith every day.  He agreed as we left.  We had dinner at the Luttrell's and had a stellar meal and spiritual thought on Gods love for us and Conference.  Jimmie said he would pray about reading the Book of Mormon so that was cool.

Wednesday we did service at the CADC after exchanging back.  Sister Crow took us to Sister Jacobs.  Funny moment: Sister Jacobs asked Elder Miller if she could have him.  She is very fond of him.  Very.  We then had dinner at Sister O'Neal's.  She had a tough week again but she said we uplifted her.  She again told me to burn my journals cause I write the stories she tells us.  Not happening! 

Kai is looking huge...impressive, son.
Thursday was great!  We finally saw Denise again after about a month or so.  She was in the moving process for a while (she's moved in) and was super busy.  We gave her another Book of Mormon cause she lost hers packing.  We invited her to Conference and she was happy to watch!  Sister Hawthorn is doing great with contacting her.  We saw a less active family who let us in and they were super fun!  We had a good visit with Sister Hill.  She was having trouble keeping her kids from disrupting, but she was able to feel the spirit and understand what we read.  She asked us to teach David this week!  We then saw a lady named Sharon who is VERY hard headed.  Not gonna lie, very prideful when it comes to how much she thinks she knows the Bible.  We just told her that we ain't here to sell out religion and if she wants to know, keep reading and keep praying and watch Conference, otherwise, the answer will never come.  Humility is the key to heaven.  We hopped on over to the Harris's for a sec and set up service and then ran over to another Sharon.  She was super nice and told us we can teach her!  We set up a time tomorrow to teach her the first lesson!  She was excited when we brought up Conference and she was gonna try to watch it when all the Easter festivities were over.  We taught about the Book of Mormon and gave her one.  We had to speed over to dinner, as we were already super late, with the Barnett's.  Good visit with them!  We got home and we're able to rest from the day of speeding around.

Friends forever.
Friday we planned and then got a call to help a members non member daughter with some yard work.  We moved a bunch of old, wet, gross clothes from a shed to a burn pile, along with other random things.  Pretty great!  She wasn't interested, but she and her mom fed us a little home cookin!  We then got home and changed for dinner with our branch president.  Going there, eating and coming back takes like 3 hours cause he lives so far out, so that was the end of that.

Saturday we drove to Conway for an appointment for Elder Miller.  We watched Conference at the Routt's.  They're freaking hilarious!  If I ever serve in Conway, they're my Go to.  What an amazing opportunity I had to hear Elder Wakolo!  I was so giddy!  (He told us on Friday that he was speaking so I already knew).  When he said the missions name, I squealed like a 10 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.  And when he said "Everyday, everyday, everyday" I about let loose some bodily fluids.  And THEN, when he started off with "I rejoice with you in the gospel and doctrine of Christ" I quoted it with him and couldn't wipe the grin off my face.  Never have I been more inspired by a man who I am not in debt to (Christ) or related to!  I hope y'all know have a small glimpse of why I look up to this man so much!  I can't wait to see him and hug him again!  What a disciple!!  A true, loving disciple of Jesus Christ.  As we drove to Hot Springs for Priesthood session, I couldn't help but quote him!  What a day to remember!

If you know the story, you know the joy.
Sunday was just as fantastic!  Hearing of being a true disciple through pure love motivated me for better, harder work as I work towards the tail end of my wonderful mission.  And then Elder Uchtdorf, BEHOLD THE MAN!  How inspiring!!  I cannot explain with enough joy grateful I am for a loving savior!  It's been a rough transfer for us here in Glenwood, but how grate is my joy to be able to be on the Lord's errand!  What better thing to do with my life could there be?  I'll tell you what, absolutely nothing.  As Alma says in Alma Chapter 26 (my favorite chapter) verse 16, "I cannot say the smallest part of which I feel."  Oh how great the plan of our God!  He is my God and your God.  My Father and your Father.  In the Book "The Count of Monte Cristo," there is a man who has been wronged and framed for a crime he did not do.  He starts to plan out his revenge to a newfound friend, a wise and old man.  This man tells the young man, "do not commit the crime for which you now serve the sentence, God said, vengeance is mine."  This young man then tells him he doesn't believe in God.  My favorite quote of this whole thing is then said, "it doesn't matter, he believes in you."  Isn't that wonderful?  God believes in each and every one of us, no matter how bad we falter and no matter how bad our faults. 

God the Father and Jesus Christ, His Only Begotten, live.  For He is risen.  This I know and this I stand by.  Forever and always, He reigns supreme.

Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild





District love.

Ride 'em Gator!
Easter.

Shake time!


No comments:

Post a Comment