Monday, June 18, 2018

Poison Ivy, Baking Soda, and Cheerios = Arkansas bath time.


So y’all may be wondering about my subject.  Well, believe it or not they all have someone in common.  I had all of them in a bath!  I’ll explain later.

Monday was pretty darn awesome!  We went to the trampoline park and had a great time.  I, of course, cut my finger open on the obstacle course.  We then went to the church and played chair soccer and had a water balloon fight!  Holy cow was I having a hoot and holler!  I ain’t never had a better p-day!  We then went to a members house with the bishops family and had a little restoration.  His wife is from Korea and she made us Korean food!  I gotta say, her kimchi was better than the one I tasted before.  I still didn’t really enjoy it, but I didn’t hate it!  We played pool and talked to Orianna about Arizona.

Homemade water-ptoofing
Tuesday sucked.  We walked 5 miles in the 100 degree weather in 80% humidity.  No one answered or was interested.  So it wasn’t horribly long, just Hot!  I got a couple blisters on my feet.  Paul came and picked us up and we came back to the apartment.  I can’t remember what we did after that, but I did start to realize I was itching super bad and so I poured gold bond on my body and went to bed.

Wednesday we had a lesson with a guy named Brad!  He is super cool and was like “I just might become a Mormon!”  It’s just tough with him cause he hates denominations and we don’t think we stressed as best as we could the fact that we are Christ’s church again restored the earth.  But he’s super awesome and said he want to come to church!  We walked to Jabari’s and he wasn’t home.  We went home and contacted a bunch of referrals and other people over the phone and Facebook.  Not much success came from it sadly though.  We had dinner and went to Book of Mormon class.  We had a correlation afterwards that took FOREVER.

Thursday we totally forgot about district meeting and were reminded about it about 30 minutes before haha.  So we went to that and had ice cream and then went to lunch with the zone leaders.  You know, the more I eat Chick-fail-A, the more I crave Wendy’s hahaha. I’m just not a fan of it.  But we came back and weekly planned for a bit.  The Spanish Elders took us to Walmart so we could get a money order to get a new key.  Paul took us to dinner and it was great.

Ouch
Friday we went to do service for Healing Waters church and it was crazy!  It was so hot outside.  We dug up dirt and weeds and hauled it off to dump for 4 or so hours.  The lady, Mrs. Caroline was a sweet heart!  While we did all the work, there is a prison program that does service every Friday there and we talked to the guy with us and he is awesome.  His name is Martin name we gave him a Book of Mormon and pamphlets!  He’s super sweet and gets out in September so we are going to go and talk with him on Fridays while we do service! 

So, I realized I was dying of itching and the rash thing was spreading all over my body, so after service I showered and was really hurting from the rash and I just laid down and Elder Roberts went with Elder Brinkerhoff to go to some appointments.  I finally called the mission nurse and he things it’s poison ivy!  I don’t know when or how, but I guess I got it.  So this is where the subject comes in.  I was told to bathe in baking soda.  Well, I haven’t taken a bath in who knows how long, so I thought to spice it up, I would eat some Cheerios mixed with my favorite cereal, Bear Naked (cause it was funny), while in the bath!   It was great!  I still am not really a fan of baths, but it felt good!

Eat mor chikin!
Saturday Paul took us out and no one answered or was interested again.  We even got told it was a “shame” for young people like us, with so much zeal, to be on the “enemies” side and that the kingdom of God could use us.  So of course I say “I didn’t know we were enemies?”  He told us we should not waste our time with him cause he didn’t wanna hurt our feelings or be mean.  So we thanked him for being honest and left...laughing.  I think he heard us.  Oh well.  Great time!  We got home and I took another bath and took some Benadryl and I about died.  I have been waking up about 3 or so times a night to baptize myself in gold bond powder.  It seems to be the only thing that helps me.

Sunday was great.  We had a wonderful sabbath and went to visit some people with Christian Morales...well I feel horrible cause every time we take him out no one answers the door or doesn't wanna hear it haha!  This one house we went to we asked the kid out side if the guy was home.  He went in and came out and said he will be out in a second.  Well we waited for a couple minutes and a girl came to the door and said he wasn’t home haha.  So we ain’t going back there.  We had dinner with Sister Bernal and it was AWESOME!  She’s such a sweetheart.   Paul then took us out to give a less active a blessing and it was great!  She said she felt the effects immediately!

Y’all, I’m starting to feel the trials of Job coming upon me, but that’s okay cause no one will ever understand my absolute, dying love for the savior.  I’m not perfect, I suck at being a missionary sometimes, but that’s okay cause whatever I lack, God will make up.  I love y’all!


Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild




No comments:

Post a Comment