Monday, June 25, 2018

The ITCH is back...well it never left, but I thought it was punny. Seven weeks to go and the work goes on!


Howdy y’all!

Monday we just shopped and chilled.  We went to dinner with the Worthington's and the daughter has a guitar and I picked on it for a bit.  It felt great but I still don’t remember anything haha.

Fly it high and proud!
Tuesday was tough.  So my poison oak (I know it keeps changing but I swear it’s poison oak) was absolutely killing me.  We went out with Brother Loken and fixed Sister Stuckey’s door.  We just took out old screws, readjusted and drilled in new ones.  We then went to the Worthington's and cleared their porch of old, rotted wood.  Brother Loken fed us lunch and then we got dressed to help the spanish guys move BACK to their old apartment.  Well, the office Elders were 3 hours late and so we left and went to dinner at the Jones’s.  It was great!  We told them we had a lesson at the church and they told us previous missionaries never had lessons after dinners so they were super glad to hear we “actually do mission work” haha.  Great confidence booster!  We met Sister Stuckey at the church, but she was doing family history with other members and so we left it at that and let her finish!  She loved it! I should probably do more family history.  We played basketball and I must have been wearing shoes signed by MJ or had a drink of Mikes secret stuff, cause I went OFF.
Good day!

This doesn't apply to LDS missionaries.
Wednesday we helped Brother Buchanan clean out his garage.  That was a task!  About 2 hours into it, my chest, legs and arms were flaring up and itching like crazy.  So what do I do?  That’s correct, I scrubbed myself with apple cider vinegar for an hour or 2.  Brother Buchanan understood and so I went to the bathroom and had me a stinky shower in the vinegar.  Well, aside from pulling the ace bandage from my scabbed body after my St. George incident where I hit a wall my junior year spring break, it was probably one of the worst pains I have felt.  It burned like someone was pouring acid on me.  Elder Roberts knocked on the door asking if I was okay.  Probably cause of all of my grunts haha.  But it helps a TON. Brother Buchanan fed us and we came home.  We didn’t go out cause my body was just so taken out.  Also, shout out to Halli for sending me that mud stuff.  Helped with the healing process.  Also, my pants I ordered from Under Armour on Monday came and they’re fabulous.

Thursday we had district meeting and went to lunch at Chick-fil-A.  I’ll say it again, I was craving Wendy’s.  We went home and put more of the mud on and then went to see a bunch of people and tried to contact but no one was home or having it.  Sister Anderson from Searcy called us to have us give a blessing to an investigators dad at our hospital, but when we called, she answered and we told her who we were and she hung up...so hopefully the sisters can keep with her?  We picked up Spanish and went to do service for a Spanish member.  We left pretty early for dinner with Paul and to see some people.  No one home.  Then Brother Loken came and got us and we pulled up to a less actives who came to church on Sunday and...the house looked like someone not only broke in, but the people living there made a quick escape.  We don’t know what happened but no one was home and windows were broke.  We went to ask the members who are their neighbors what happened and they didn’t have any information.  Spanish called us over for a bit and so we hung out until it was time to goin.   Elder Brinkerhoff is a total stud.  Love the kid.

Wanna hear my mix tape?
Friday I didn’t get any sleep and my body was flaring up BAD again.  Like I could barely have the covers on me my body was so dead.  I took a bunch of oat meal baths and the Spanish Elders brought me some calamine.  It worked for a couple hours so we could plan, but then it hit me HARD after that.  So I was out of commission again.  While we could do something though, we tried to get our own referrals from the Facebook yard sells.   We put up the Bible’s and said they were free and we literally only got 2 responses for 2 people out of our area...one was out of the state.  So that was a bust.  We went out later that night to try to go contacting, but no luck was found.  I did make Elder Pickering a package and I’ll send that off today.

Saturday I got no sleep again cause our freaking weather alarm went off between once and twice an hour and I had to get up to turn it off.  In the morning we went out with Paul and contacted what felt like our whole area Book.  The only real successes was finding a potential and a lesson with Sister Stuckey.  We’re seeing Karissa, the potential, today!  Hopefully it goes well cause she showed a lot of interest!  We gave her a Book of Mormon and pamphlets!  But an upside, I wasn’t too itchy!

Still there...by the rockets red glare.
Sunday was a great day at church!   Well, minus a couple things.  A less active finally came and then someone made a remark towards her kids and she told us she didn’t want to be a member anymore.  That was hard but we got an appointment with them tomorrow to sort things out.  Hopefully we can help her in any way.  Please y’all, watch what you say and be compassionate to others.  You never know what internal battle they’re going through.  Sister Bernal fed us after we had correlation and it was AWESOME!  She told me she needs to interview the girl I plan on marrying so she knows if she’s right.  Apparently, she’s never wrong...so I got to be careful!  We came home and I packed up some boxes to send home.  It was a good day!

It’s getting close to the end!  It’s scary to say I’ll be home in 7 weeks.  Time flies way too fast on a mission and this past transfer has just flew by.  I have no idea where the Time went!  I love my companion to death and I pray he is my last companion!  I love y’all!
Peace!

Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild



No comments:

Post a Comment