Monday, July 9, 2018

Murica splosions, flames, dying Elders, and the last transfer has come and gone!


Howdy y'all!

Well on Monday I started my last transfer.  It’s a pretty crazy feeling if I’m being brutally honest.  But anyway, Monday started off with us riding to Cedric’s house and he wasn’t home.  That sucked.  We had a zone p day where we played minute to win it games and my team got slaughtered.  To be fair, there was a lot of cheating on the winning team, so I’ll take integrity over a cheap win any day.  We went to the Jones's for dinner and it was great!  They’re awesome!  Sister Stuckey had to reschedule our appointment with her so we didn’t see her.

Tuesday we drove to North Little Rock to say bye to basically all of my mission friends.  That was the hardest thing I’ve done in a while.  I about cried when I had to watch Elder Barron and Elder Parks leave.  I was also super upset watching Elder Paopao leave cause we have had plans for my last district meeting for almost a year now.  We had a ceremony and everything, now he’s in Mississippi. We drove home and did studies and then went to basketball.  I still suck.  Oh and I started MyPlan, which to be short is the trunky course for dying missionaries to readjust to life back home.

Wednesday was, of course, the best day of the year, the birthday of the best nation on Earth.  The United States of America.  We started off the day with helping a lady in our apartment complex move.  It was freaking hot, but worth it!  We were there until about 1 and gave her a Book of Mormon and she wants to come to church!  Sadly it’ll have to be in the Pinnacle Mountain area, but hey, planting seeds am I right?  We came back and showered and did our studies before Brother Bailey picked us up for a huge party at the Henderson's.  It was good, wasn’t as big as they made it out to be though.   But we were able to talk to a bunch of non-members and I let Elder Roberts wear my American flag tie as I wore my constitution.  Lots of compliments ensued.  We had to leave to help Mrs. Jasper (lady we helped move) unload at her place, but apparently they already unpacked.  She wanted us to bless the house the next day, so we passed her on to Pinnacle.  Paul took us to clean his car and then get shakes at Sonic.  Y’all wanna hear something strange?  We went to a sit down Sonic.  It was like a restaurant but there was a phone on the table that you ordered on.  That rocked my world something fierce right there!!  We started back to watch the fireworks but then a house exploded in front of us from “fireworks” (were convinced it was a meth lab).  But that fire was HUGE!  We saw the flames over the trees on the highway.  We missed fireworks, so we watched random people’s as we drove home.

Thursday we went out with Christian and I swear I cannot get a good day when he is with us!  I feel horrible because now, missionary work is going out and literally all of our appointments falling through!  No one answered and it kinda really sucked and upset us, but there is nothing we can do about other peoples’ agency.  One lady told us off pretty bad.  Nothing new.  Brother Webster came and picked us up with his son (he is special needs and in a wheel chair) so we could visit Brother Bellerose.  He is a vet who lost his legs.  He is super awesome though.  We visited and taught him the restoration cause he wants to remember more.  He told us stories of his service and this man had some serious guts.  Great man and I respect him so much.  We went to the Loken’s for dinner and set up a time for us to walk with them and meet their neighbors!


Friday we studied with Christian and he took us to get cansadas (anyone with Latino background forgive me if that’s spelled wrong) and then went to give a guy a blessing at the VA.  He was nice and told us he needs us to visit his son (Hot Springs Elders are already teaching his son) and wanted us to pray with him as well. Super nice guy.  We came back and weekly planned until Paul picked us up to visit some people and clean the church.

Saturday was finding galore.  We went out on a blitz with Paul, Benton Zone leaders and Otter Creek sisters.  We found about 5 people with interest and it was a SUPER nice day.  Although, when we pulled up to park, it was in front of a lady at her house.  She was like yelling at the sisters car cause we pulled away.  Then this chick pulls out a switch lol!  We drove off and found somewhere else haha.  Then we went out with Christian and again...NO ONE ANSWERED.  What a life haha.
After that we had a goodbye party for the Hess’s (the mission nurse and wife) and I about cried.  It was a surprise and they were so shocked haha.  I’ll miss them so bad.

Sunday I woke up with a train wreck of a head ache.  I slept it off for a sec before church.  It was a good church service though!  We went out with Christian again and again no one answered.  Well, a girl we found named Tierra was home, but she had to reschedule.  Funny story on that, she answered the door in what we thought was lingerie....she’s a heavy set girl and her swim suit was a little too small...so yeah...awkward haha.  But we ate with Sister Bernal and it was STELLAR!  We had steak and chicken and mashed taters!!  Afterwards we tried Markus but he wasn’t home...sadly even though he said he would be home.

It was a good week! I mean, we’re still struggling but nothin a little work can’t fix!  Love y’all!

Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild














No comments:

Post a Comment