Monday, July 2, 2018

Agency: The Best/Worst Gift We Received

Bass Pro Shop is a p-day destination.

So as you can read from the subject, it’s been a week.  But what can I say, it’s tough!

Monday we went to Carissa’s and when we got there, she came outside and said “the Mexican doesn’t want to do the Mormon.”  So of course I chuckled at the grammar, thanks mom.  We then went to the Warner’s for dinner and had a great time!

Road rash.
Tuesday we had district meeting.  We did a three legged race for companionship unity and your boy won.  I exchanged with Elder Brownell.  I love that kid.  We went tracting as we waited for the Tooks to get home.  We found a girl named Sierra so that was great!  We accidentally started a fight between 2 women (that’s a long story, I’ll tell y’all when I’m home.  Ask me about it.) and heard the fight at the opposite end of the apartment complex...let me put it this way, we were at least 200 to 300 yards away from them, with buildings separating us, and we still heard the swearing and yelling LMAO!!  We had dinner at the Henderson's and gave Sister Henderson a blessing.  We played basketball and I balled out again, and then they put a dude comparable to Dwayne Johnson with the skill of MJ on me and I didn’t touch the ball haha.

Wednesday we went out tracting again and a dude named Cedric pulled us over and we talked and he wants us to come over and teach him.  We had Book of Mormon class and exchanged back.

Some churches have whirlpools...
Thursday we went to help Sister Worthington at this homeschool book sale.  They totally didn’t want Mormons there, but we were the only ones who accepted to volunteer.  I was able to get 12 other missionaries to come help and it was a huge success!  We played bouncer and security to make sure no one stole anything and we helped set up and take down.  A couple elders were approached and told the church ain’t true but other than that, there was no altercations!  I got a a forensic science book and it’s pretty dope.  Oh, I slipped and fell and tore up my hand before this started and had to perform mini surgery in getting the rocks out of my hand.  That sucked.

Friday was weekly Planning.  We then had interviews with president and then went back to weekly Planning and sent off like 100 people to another area as we cleaned out our area Book.  We tried to see a few people and NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR.  Let me tell ya does that get old.

Saturday we mowed Sister Stuckey's yard and then moved a desk for another member.  We went out contacting and tracting and again.  NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR. Like, y’all, get the net! We out here in the blazing heat tryna bring y’all to Christ.  It’s okay though.  I ain’t even mad.  Although, this week has had like 4 days where it was over 100 degrees with high humidity (a couple days were low though) and we were biking and walking and santa vaca (holy cow in Spanish) it was rough.  But hey, I’m alive.

...and saunas!  Count me in!
Sunday was a good day...church wise.  We had a great second hour and a couple non members were there.  President Jones from the mission presidency acted out an amazing visual on the war in heaven and how both sides tried to get us to come over. It was AMAZING. I learned so much!  After church we went and had pupusa’s at Sister Bernal’s!  It was fantastic.  Pupusa’s are my favorite Latino food by far!  We went contacting again and Cedric set an appointment with us for this morning, but sadly he didn’t answer the door...so that was upsetting.  We then saw Sierra and gave a brief restoration and gave her a Pamphlet.  She is super excited to meet with us on Thursday!  Paul took us out for a drive to tell us about his experience at the temple!  He took out his endowments and he was SO excited!!  It was awesome!  I loved hearing his testimony and the excitement in his voice was amazing.  I do, though, ask for prayers cause the area is really struggling and the work is slow.  We’re working but we need some extra faith.  Thanks y’all!  I love y’all!


Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild



No comments:

Post a Comment