Monday, July 23, 2018

Operation Fast Hog


Howdy y’all!

So this was a SUPER hot week full of stuff.  I can say I put my blood and sweat into this week.

Monday we hiked Pinnacle Mountain with Ethan, a member who got his mission call to Mexico!  Fun fact, my post mission trip falls on his last weekend and farewell!   Woot woot!  Paul took us and Elders Bolos and Brownell bowling and I got slaughtered.  He then took us and spanish out for shakes!  Later that night we got a phone call.  Well, here’s the catch, the ringtone wasn’t ours.  But of course silly me still told Elder Roberts to answer it (he had the phone in his hand).  We went on a search after seeing it wasn’t out phone ringing.  Yup...the zone leaders left their phone at our place haha.  We called Paul to give us a ride to their apartment cause the sisters had the car.  We felt bad cause he had just gotten home and pulled up in his drive way as we called.  But we got there and informed the AP’s but they told us to wait at their apartment until they get home.  So we did as told.  Around 10:15 we called the sisters and asked if they could drive to our apartment and see if they were waiting for us at our place.  Well la-dee-freakin-dah!  They did the same thing as us haha.  They came back to us and we got home around 10:45.  Great night.

Tuesday we went out with Paul and knocked out our list given to us by the Elders quorum president and then went and did some finding and found a guy named Travis.  Good ole Travis has a sweet corvette and as we talked with him at his door, we realized homeboy was in his underwear haha!  Paul took us back home after we we’re drenched in sweat from knocking.  We had dinner at the Anderson’s and they’re awesome!  Sister Anderson is actually Brother Devoux’s, from Hot Springs, daughter!  She made some bomb enchiladas.  It always gives me a chuckle when people tell us they are sorry for their kids acting out when company is over cause I just think about my family and tell them “if y’all only knew” cause not every family has a Crew hahahaha.  We went to basketball and I am not improving.

???
Wednesday we met a new investigator named Sharise!  She is super cool!  We taught her the plan of salvation, but I think I my discernment was off cause after we got done she made a few comments about needing direction on truth and I immediately felt chastened cause we should have just stuck with the restoration.  But the lesson went fine!  We invited her to church and to read the pamphlets!  We then went out for a late lunch with Brother Bailey, who was with us in the lesson.  He is our ward mission leader and super awesome.  He dropped us off to get the car from the sisters and then went door knocking and then went to Book of Mormon class.  After that, we had a rehearsal for a song we are going to sing with a bunch of other missionaries my last Sunday in the field.  We then had a short correlation.  This is where the night got crazy.  The sisters never texted in and so the zone leaders called us.  Then the commencement and perfect execution of Operation Fast Hog took place.  We strapped on our safety vests and running shoes to travel the 1.5 mile ruck.  Well, to ensure we arrived at the LZ in a timely manner (within 15 minutes), Elder Roberts had to hop on his bike.  My bike got taken out of commission by some commie screw and blew my tire.  But nothing stops the Bear.  I took to my feet and got a runnin.  We got there dripping in sweat and crampin like none other.  The sisters were safe and apologized at least 12 times.  After securing the sisters inside and making a sweep of all missionaries in the area, we made the sprint back.  We were back in and safe at 10:30 and had a great nights rest.  Operation Fast Hog was a success.

Thursday I was sore lol. We went finding again and found a guy named Etheon.  No other success was found.  Bishop Warner came out with us and we saw some members and brought some women in the ward flowers!  It was great!

Friday started off with a downpour of rain.  Then 20 minutes later, I kid you not, there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and it reached 115 degrees of skin melting heat.  So, we weekly planned and exchanged with the zone leaders.  I went with Brownell!  I love that dude!  We taught a guy named Mark who’s a member.  Fun fact, I taught this guy one of his new member lessons with Elder May last February!  Then we went and checked on one of their investigators.  She was super cool and let us in and we answered a lot of her questions.  We went to Taco Bell for dinner and then went to try some other people before calling it a night.  I guess a huge storm rolled in that night as well.

Saturday morning we exchanged back and Paul embraced me with a huge hug cause he was glad I was back haha.  We knocked out another list given to us and tried a bunch of other people as well.  Right before we exchanged, Elder Roberts and Elder Bolos had a really awesome lesson with Sharise.  So I was happy.  Other than that, no one was home.  Paul got pizza for us and the sisters and we ate and had a mini correlation.  We went out again and tried to see Sharon Stuckey, she was gone at a friends house cause her power was out.  We tried to see Kim and Randy and another lady Elder Roberts met, but none were home.  Paul got us shakes on another Sonic run and then we came home.

Sunday was good!  I woke up super sick but it’s okay cause Sharise came to church!  She loved it!  She said it was a lot to take in, but other than that, she loved it!  We had correlation and then ate at Sister Bernal’s with Paul.  It was amazin!  I love that family, but it was supper weird without Christian...but he’s on to bigger and better things in Mexico!  Paul took us back to the apartment after that cause I had to make sure I got all of my boxes ready to send home and so I could get some rest.  We called a bunch of people to set up appointments, but to no avail.  The power is still out in a lot of areas.  The sisters and Hermana’s got to sleep at President Jones’s house cause their A/C went out.  Lucky.

It was a super hot one and we done knocked a ton of areas out, but we’re still on the grind!  Our goal is to find at least one person to prepare them for baptism and to build up a good teachin pool.  Right now, teaching pool is better, but we still gotta find more people.  All shall be well in Zion! We’re ending with a bang and are finding more than ever.  If y’all have ever taken anything away from my emails, I hope it was that we are trying our hardest.  We can’t quit cause Our Savior didn’t quit on us.  When it got hard and his closest friends either betrayed or left him, he still carried on and he still
 gave literally all he had.  I’m just asked to knock doors in hot weather.  Ain’t nothing.  I love y’all so much!  Have a great week and carry on!


Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment