Tuesday, July 17, 2018

We’re knocking that way...sing it.


I hope y’all read the subject to the Backstreet Boys' “I want it that way” tune.

Monday we spent the day with Paul and the zone leaders!  It was so fun!  We played cards, got pizza and hung out.

Tuesday was full of finding.  We knocked doors and found a guy named Randy who let us in and we taught the restoration!  That t was great!  No one else was having it though.  Jabari wasn’t home and so I went home to do MyPlan but it wouldn’t work so I was sitting there yelling at my phone for 30 minutes.  Yup, inanimate objects got the best of me that night.  We went to the Warner’s for dinner and it was wonderful!  We had a little plan of salvation lesson and I loved it!  The Warner’s are great!

Wednesday we rode to Cedric and Marcus’s place for appointments and they weren’t there.  It was hot so it sucked.  We studied with Christian and Peter and then went out with Christian.  We saw the other Cedric but he said he was moving.  We just set a return appointment to get his details on Saturday.  We attempted MyPlan again...which worked on the computer, but it sucked cause I didn’t finish.  We went to dinner with the Dixon’s and then to Book of Mormon class.  We had a small correlation and got a list of people to visit.

Thursday we had a Really good zone Conference and it really hit me that it was my last one.  As we sang How firm a foundation, during the 7th verse, I just couldn’t hold it in and I cried like a baby.  It was so hard to realize it was my last.  I gave a departing testimony and that made it real.  I love my mission so much.

Friday we went out with Paul for a couple hours to try a referral and some investigators but no one was home.  We came home and built a bike for Sister Marshall.  Let me tell ya, when I have kids, they’re getting motor bikes cause them things is a pain in the booty to put together!  I cut myself like 5 time and almost stripped a bolt with pliers cause we didn’t have a wrench.  So yeah, fun time.  Sister Worthington made a dinner for all of the Zone.  It was so good.  I finally finished MyPlan as well.

Saturday again we went out with Paul.  It was actually really good cause we visited a ton of people, but sadly the less actives we visited didn’t answer or didn’t want us.  There was a glimmer, though.
A less active talked to us and said she’s only inactive due to her son who has Down syndrome.  We’re passing her off to the relief society cause she was awesome and needs ministering sisters.  We saw, Kim, a lady Elder Roberts and Bolos found on a blitz.  She was great!  We taught the restoration and she loved it.  And according to Elder Roberts, Genesis and Exodus were prophets haha.  I love the kid.  Paul and I looked at each other and chuckled.  Kim didn’t catch it but it was so funny.  We went to see Randy but he wasn’t home.  Paul took us home and we went with a member from Pinnacle Mountain to get a washer for Sister Worthington.  We had dinner with Sister Glazier at Taziki’s.  It’s a Mediterranean place.  She’s great.  Paul picked us up and we got shakes and saw Cedric.  Turns out he isn’t moving next week like he said, and he said he might come to church.  So it wasn’t too bad!  We went for a little drive and started a fast with Elder Roberts and I.


Sunday was great.  We had a great lesson 2nd hour and had to do some security for the church cause some random guys came in and so we talked to them.  We have had many break ins and sketchy things happen, so we were security.  Turns out they were with the spanish Branch.  We went home and did weekly Planning and then went to Christians farewell.  It was great

This week was HOT and HUMID and walking and biking wasn’t the best, but hey, we done had a great time and talked to a ton of people!  I love y’all so much and hope y’all had a great week!

Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment