Wednesday, December 27, 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL...Smoked beaver is delish and Carlos lives.

From all of us, to all of you.
MERRY CHRISTMAS YALL!!!

I hope y'alls day is full of love, peace and joy in our Saviors birth!

Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

'Tis the season.
As we celebrate Christmas this year, I beg that we all remember the true meaning of Christmas.  This is all about our savior, the birth of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer who has made intercession with us and the father so that we may return home.  I love him with all my heart and could not be more grateful.

Now as far as stories from this week, there's some good ones!  We had interviews with President and then I got to go see the Rogers!!!  That was awesome!  She remembers me most by my patriotism!  I'm 100% fine with that!  Hahaha.

Carlos and Kai.
Wednesday we had our Christmas Zone Conference and holy cow!  Chris came!  It was awesome to be with Edwards again!  He taught me so much and is one of the biggest influences I had on my mission!  Once I saw him get out of his car I made a bolt for him haha.  I think I almost took him to the ground with how hard I hugged him haha.  It was a good party though.  We only got to wear our Christmas coats for 10 minutes because as soon as president got there he told us to take them off.  But we got some solid compliments!  Haha.  Sayin bye to Chris was so hard!  But he's home now so I'm happy for him.

Thursday we spent all day in Little Rock for a doctors appointment for Elder Miller.  That was fun and a ton of driving haha.  I got some good sleep that night.

Friday everything fell through.  A member drove us 30 miles to Murfreesboro and no one was home so I felt so bad.  Plus it was a torrential downpour sent from Gods fury and anger outside.  So we got a bit wet.  We had dinner at Sister Hawthorne's house that night.  Funny story.  While we were having her text our parents on when to Skype today, she tried to face time my mom and pointed the camera at me hahaha so we had to end the call quick and explain to her why that's a no no.  We also had beaver!  Smoked beaver is legit one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth.  It's like a better pork, but with a beefier taste!  Hard to explain, I'll have to make it some time.

Chris and Kai...er...Elder Adair.
Saturday was a good day.  Only one thing really happened, but that one thing was crazy awesome.  We felt like we should help out this less active family who doesn't have a whole lot and has 6 kids.  So we grabbed all the stocking and gift bags we could find and filled them with old clothes, toys and souvenirs we had and found in the apartment.  We filled the stocking with candy and stuffers and even gave them our mini foosball table haha.  We drove out to give it to them and the looks on their faces were AWESOME!  She was baffled and we gave it anonymously.  I could go on and on about how fantastic it was!  The kids were going crazy and having a hay day trying to guess what everything was haha.  We left with a spiritual thought in Christ and Christmas and I felt so humbled.  Nothin comes close to Gods love for us, but I felt something that day for that family.  Also, shout out to Bishop Garner!  The socks and tie he sent me are off the hook!  I also bought Carlos for a white elephant gift (he's a piƱata) and now I don't want to give him away...

May the Carlos be with you.
Sunday we had sacrament and then went and helped a member named Sister Paff get some fire wood.  We went with the Robbins, the family that invited us over for Christmas.  We made cookies again (and they turned out fantabulous) and then drove to Hot Springs...well a little over a quarter of the way there, in the middle of our conversation about Guardians of the Galaxy, Elder Miller stopped talking, looked in the back seat and asked where the cookies were....so we drove back, keep in mind we're on less than a quarter tank of gas at this point, and got them and made it to Hot Springs.  We went to a lot of people and Sister Gibbs was so happy to see me again haha.  She gave me a big ole hug and told me to come to the spreading of Bobs ashes (her husband).  So we're gonna be doing exchanges that day.  At the end of the night, we drove home.  Well the gas in minimal.  I looked at the range when we were about 25 miles out and it said 20 miles to E.  So I said a prayer in my heart to help us make it to Glenwood cause I wasn't about to break the Sabbath.  Well God answers prayers cause when we got home, we had 5 miles left.  God is real and God is good.  God has always been good to me.

Score!
Thanks to everyone who sent me something for Christmas!!  It means the world to me!  Crazy to think that this was my last Christmas in Arkansas.  Hard to believe I'll be home for Christmas next year!  But I love all y'all so much and I'm not gonna lie, I'm so ready to talk to my family again haha.  Peace out y'all!  Have a wonderful Christmas!!  Don't take Family for granted cause you'll miss it when you don't got it!

Kings Do King Things
Goin' Buck Wild
I am not even sure why...
Watch of ages...
The boys in the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment