Thursday, October 6, 2016

Peanut Blart and Jelly...his words, not mine!

What what what up peanut blart and jelly!!  Haha this week was a roller coaster.  We were at the pinnacle of baptismal dates with 8!  We got 4 this week!  But of course when the coaster goes up, it always comes down.  We had to drop 3 (including my birthday one) because 1 got into anti Mormon stuff and wouldn't let us clear it up, one would openly ignore us, and one we just can't get a hold of.  It's all fine though because the ones we have are mostly solid and were on the verge of getting one more.  One might even lead to a family of 9 being baptized!  
But the one we might baptize is soooo cool!!  We took a member with us who is so freaking awesome.  He told her that when she is a member, she immediately gets a role in the church and he explained to her son about how he gets the priesthood.  It was soooo spiritual!  We're seeing her again tonight!

I'm sending some stuff home because it's not exactly allowed here on the mission haha.  Don't open it when it comes!  All will be revealed in due time ;).  Actually I give Cortland and dad special permission to look through it because they will get a kick out of it...but if the spirit directs, they may share the contents with the family.  

You guys better have watched conference!!  For the first time ever I watched all 5 sessions and I could not be happier.  I was so overwhelmed with the spirit as I watched!  The talk that hit me the hardest actually made me choke up.  It was by Elder K. Brett

Nattress.  He spoke about the power of the Book of Mormon.  Go back and watch it.  It hit me because he talked of how he is the 2nd of 6 kids (sound familiar?) and how we never read or payed attention to his mom as she read him the Book of Mormon (wow this is familiar huh?) and how he told her "mom why read?  I'm not listening!"  She explained to him that she heard that by reading the Book of Mormon with her kids every day, she will not lose them.  That's when she looked him dead in the eye and said "I will NOT lose you."  That's where I lost it.  Guys, read the Book of Mormon every day because I will NOT lose any of you.  As well as I can promise YOU will NOT lose ME.  Read every day and ponder its teachings.  As David A. Bednar said, "be doers of the word of God, not hearers of the word."  As trials and torment come your way and it seems it is too much for your boat to take, remember, "Do not fear, even the wind and seas obey Christ."  

My second favorite quote from conference was by Elder Russell M. Nelson. "None but saints can be happy through ANY circumstance."  Remember that we're on this earth to have Joy!!  True joy!  Christ's joy is constant!  As we are beaten down with trials and stumbling blocks, "learn to suffer in joy!"  

"Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives, 'I know that my redeemer lives.'"
I love you guys with all my heart!  Never doubt that!  I testify to you that Joseph smith is the prophet of the restoration and that the restoration is not an event, but continues on today.  Each of us are part of this glorious Work!  Even you little Ella and crew!  Christ suffered and died for us that we may have eternal life.  Remember to love Christ because he loved us first!  He's the only one who understands everything we're going through!  You're never alone!  Kids, you have mom and dad!  Mom and dad, you have your parents!  And also a son who thinks he knows everything but also thinks he knows nothing.  But all of you also have a father in heaven who wants to talk to you.  Talk to Him every night and every morning!  Pray throughout the day and never lose sight of who you are!  
And my Address is 

4360 Winchester Rd. 
Apt. #1
Memphis, TN 38118

I have started to eat basically everything with peanut butter haha.  I eat it on my toast, sandwiches, on a spoon, everything.  Do I regret it?  No.  Is it gonna keep happening?  Abso-freaking-lultey.  I'm pounding down that protein haha.  Always remember, "Life's a garden, dig it." - Joe Dirt

Kings Do King Things

Elder Co-Driver Trainee Junior Companion Kai Adair



1 comment:

  1. You are such a special young man. I love reading your posts. You are so funny but so so spiritual. The people there are so blessed to have you serving among them. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete